Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Survival Knife Review: The Mora

Currently, the rage among some survival schools is the Mora, a small, inexpensive Scandinavian-style sheath knife with a four-inch blade and a large, easy-to-hold handle. Personally, I think they're great, and I generally have a Mora close at hand.
It's all because newspaper guys, like me, research stuff. Sometimes we gather information, statistics and data for no apparent reason, and with a vague idea of what the info might be someday be used for.
That was the case several years ago when I bought my first Mora knife.
 While I will never give up my folders, I was looking for a small, inexpensive sheath knife that could be recommended to Boy Scouts.
The knife had to be an all-around, do-everything tool. It would be used for a variety of tasks, which could include whittling, cleaning fish and small game, meat-cutting and peeling potatoes. It needed to be lightweight and small enough to be carried conveniently.
If that is what you're also looking for in an all-around knife, check out my :Mora knife review

No comments:

Post a Comment